Do you believe, there is yoga for hair growth? There is no doubt that yoga is a very ancient technique for overall beauty and health. Hair loss is the most common problem, faced by both men and women. There are many factors that are responsible for hair loss, it may be an urban lifestyle, environment change, genetic condition, and hormonal disorder. Stress is the root cause of many health problems and hair problems as well. Yoga helps in relieving stress, which is one of the main causes of hair loss. This article is all about the best yoga that prevents hair loss and further promotes hair growth.
How Yoga Helps in Hair Growth
Before going to effective yoga poses that promote hair growth, let us discuss how yoga helps in hair growth.
- Yoga helps to improve the blood circulation of the scalp that further stop hair fall.
- It improves the digestive system, which means better absorption of essential nutrients for hair.
- Yoga is very effective to relieve stress which is the one the main cause of hair loss.
- Yoga also improves physical and mental health
6 Effective Asanas That Promote Hair Growth
Yoga is a great way to keep hair healthy by strengthening hair roots and preventing hair fall. Since there are many products in the market that can solve the problem of hair loss but they produce side-effects too. You need not spend money on expensive products when these problems can be solved naturally through yoga. Let us have a look at the best yoga poses that promote hair growth and stop hair fall.
Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward Facing Dog Pose)
This yoga pose improves blood circulation of the scalp, thus enabling fresh blood to travel to your scalp. As a result, you get a healthy scalp that further promotes hair growth, reduces hair fall. It is a simple pose that stretches your spine and neck thereby, relieving stress. Downward Facing Pose is an excellent yoga for hair growth, you could do it anytime for good results.
How To Do Adho Mukha Svanasana:
- Come to your mat and stand with four limbs
- Lift up your tailbone towards the ceiling, straighten your elbows and knees
- You have to form an inverted ‘V’ Shape of your body
- Keep your hand in line with your shoulders and your ears should touch your inner arms
- After holding this pose for a few seconds, bend your knees
- Get to back in the original position
Other Benefits of Adho Mukha Svanasana:
- Improves Blood Circulation
- Tones the hands and feel
- It helps to calm your mind and reduces anxiety.
- Improves digestion and strengthen abdominal muscles.
Uttanasana (Standing Forward Bend Pose)
Standing forward bend is the best yoga for hair growth. In this Pose, our head is below our heart and at the same time improves blood and oxygen circulation to your scalp, thus promoting hair growth. It also reduces anxiety and prevents headaches if you practice every day.
How to Do Uttanasana:
- Stand straight and close your feet together.
- Take a deep breath and extend your arms high up as you slowly exhale
- Bend forward and try to touch the yoga mat your palms or touch your toe.
- Stay in the same position for 10 seconds and breathe normally.
- Get back to the previous position (Stand Straight) Slowly while inhaling deeply.
Other Benefits of Uttanasana:
- This is a good stretching exercise for the back, thus relieving back pain.
- It gives a good massage to digestive organs and improves digestion.
- It strengthens the thigh and knees.
- This pose also helps in curing many diseases like high blood pressure, asthma.
Pawanmuktasana (Wind Relieving Pose)
This pose increases blood flow to the organs and massages them to improve their functioning. Camel pose is also a beneficial yoga for hair growth. Moreover, this pose eases tension in the lower back and also reduces belly fat.
How To Do Pawanmuktasana:
- Lay down on your back on a yoga mat, extend your hands and legs.
- Take a deep breath. As you exhale, bring your knees towards your chest, and press your thighs on your abdomen. Hug your knees, hold the asana while you breathe normally.
- Now tighten the hug, ‘rock and roll’ about 4-5 times.
- Loosen the grip and relax.
- Repeat the process for 5-10 times.
Note: Keep in mind that, when you exhale, make sure you tighten the grip of the hands, and when you inhale, ensure that you loosen the grip.
Other Benefits of Pawanmuktasana:
- This asana helps in improving digestion and strengthen abdominal muscles.
- It eases back pain and strengthens the back muscles.
- It burns the excess fat of the thigh, buttock and abdominal area.
- Wind Relieving Pose massages pelvic muscle and stimulates the reproductive organ.
Vajrasana (Diamond Pose)
It true that a healthy digestive system is essential for a healthy body. Vajrasana is the simplest of all yoga poses that improve the digestive system and also promote hair growth. It is one yoga pose for solving all your tummy issues and can be practiced after your meal.
How To Do Vajrasana:
- Kneel down, stretching your lower legs backward and keeping them close to each other.
- Now, lower your body such that your buttocks are resting on your heels.
- Place your hands on your knees, and set your gaze forward keeping your head straight.
- Concentrate on your inhale and exhale process to calm your mind.
- Hold on this position for a minimum of 5 minutes.
Other Benefits of Vajrasana:
- This is one of the best yoga poses that improve digestion.
- Balance the ph of the stomach and prevents acidity.
- It strengthens the lower back and relieves lower back pain.
- It reduces menstrual cramps and strengthens pelvic muscle too.
Ustrasana (Camel Pose)
Ustrasana is known as a camel pose because this pose resembles a camel. This is an amazing yoga for hair growth. If you are suffering from hair loss problem, then this pose has a lot of benefits, one of them being hair loss.
How to Do Ustrasana:
- Kneel down on your mat and place your hands on your hips.
- Keep your knees and shoulders in the same line and the soles of your feet towards the ceiling.
- Arch your back, put your palms over your feet and gently, straighten your arms.
- You must feel the pull at the navel and you need not keep your neck straight.
- Hold the position for about 40 to 60 seconds or as much as you can.
Other Benefits of Ustrasana:
- The Camel Pose helps in digestion and provide strength to internal organs.
- It strengthens the shoulders, back and also relieves the back pain.
- Also, it provides strengths to the spine and improves posture.
Yoga For Hair Growth: Sirsasana (Head Stand)
It is a tough pose and you can not master in this pose easily. This is the perfect yoga for hair growth that improves the blood circulation of the scalp and strengthens the hair roots. This yoga pose helps to increase the focus and relieve stress.
How to Do Sirsasana:
- Place your knees on the floor and hips resting on the heel.
- Bend forward and keep your forearm on the floor.
- Interlock the fingers of both hands.
- Place the top of the head on the floor and the back of the head against the inside of the interlocked fingers
- Now, Raise the knee off the floor and also slowly raise your leg.
- Once you feel stable in this pose, slowly straighten the legs.
- Try to keep your leg and spine straight.
- Hold the position for a certain time and breathe normally.
- Slowly exhale and get back to the normal position.
Note: If you are a beginner you can take the support of a wall for doing Sirsasana.
Baba Ramdev Yoga For Hair Growth
Who doesn’t know about Baba Ramdev: An Indian Yoga Guru known for his work in Ayurveda. Baba Ramdev’s yoga has been shown tremendous results in the case of hair fall, baldness, and Alopecia. These asanas help to stimulate hair follicles and nourishes the hair roots deep inside.