Having soft and pink lips improves the appearance and also tells that your lips are healthy. So many peoples who have dark lips want to lighten them. But, How to get pink lips naturally?
You have noticed that lips are the first to get affected in harsh weather. This is because lips are the softest and sensitive part of our body. Therefore they need attention and extra care. Dark lips are a concern to many but don’t worry. Here we have listed some top home remedies that will help you to get soft and pink lips. Before proceeding to home remedies to lighten lips, let us have a look at the causes of dark lips.
Causes of Pigmented Lips
Generally, Hyperpigmentation is responsible for the darken lips. This is a harmless condition that occurs due to an excess of melanin. Some People get pigmented lips over time due to their lifestyle. We are providing below some factors that cause dark lips.
Excess of smoking leads to accumulation and production of melanin which gives a dark appearance to lips. When you smoke nicotine and tar transfer to your lips causing discoloration of lips.
Excess Drinking of Tea/Coffee:
Since lips are very soft as compared to the rest part of the body, so proper care is a must. Lips may get pigmented due to the consumption of too much caffeine present in coffee or tea. Excess drinking of coffee or tea can stain your teeth also.
Genetic and Hormonal Issue:
Some study shows that genetic issues are also responsible for the pigmented lips. In some cases, hormones such as thyroid (low or high level) both can cause spots or hyperpigmentation on the skin.
Sun exposure promotes the production of melanin by absorbing UV rays. Therefore Excess exposure to direct sunlight causes dark lips and also causes skin tan. Always wear sunscreen or lipstick while stepping out to the sun.
Lack of Hydration:
Lack of hydration or simply lack of moisture is the main reason for the pigmentation of lips. Staying hydrated leads to the proper functioning of cells, tissues and even other organs of the body. Therefore it is necessary to keep yourself hydrated to get pink lips.
7 Effective Ways to Get Pink Lips
You need not buy expensive products or treatments to lighten your lips. There are many ways or you can say home remedies that can effectively lighten your lips. Add these home remedies into your regular skincare routine to get pink and soft lips.
Lemon Juice and Honey
Lemon acts as an excellent remedy to treat dark lips. Honey is the best natural moisturizer to treat dryness and chapped lips. Lemon is a citrus fruit acts as a melanin inhibitor.
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
How to Use:
- Mix honey and lemon juice thoroughly.
- Apply this paste on your lips overnight.
- Wash of it in the morning with water.
- Repeat this remedy every day to get good results.
Lemon and Sugar Scrub
This remedy is the famous remedy that effectively converts darken lips into pink lips naturally. Lemon is also known as a natural bleaching agent and sugar works as a natural scrub for your lips. Sugar helps to exfoliate dead skin cells and clears up the layers of dead skin cells from the lips.
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
How to Use:
- Take both the ingredients in equal quantity and mix well.
- Rub this scrub on your lips for one minute.
- Leave it on your lips for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash it off with normal water.
- Repeat this remedy 2-3 times a week for good results.
Note: Lemon is acidic in nature, so it may cause some irritation. If you experience any type of irritation, then choose any other remedy to get pink lips.
A Paste of Milk and Turmeric
Turmeric has many scientifically-proven health benefits. Turmeric may act as a melanin inhibitor and has mild bleaching properties that lighten the pigmented lips. Milk provides moisture to the lips and makes them soft.
- 1 Tablespoon of Milk
- Turmeric Powder
How to Use:
- Mix enough turmeric powder in 1 tablespoon of milk for making a paste.
- After that apply this paste on your lips and rub for 2-3 minutes.
- Leave it on the lips for 5-10 minutes.
- Wash it off with cold water and apply moisturizer on your lips.
- Apply this remedy regularly for good results.
Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera is the popular plant, easily available too and it is used in various home remedies for hair, skin. It has healing properties and contains vitamin E that maintains the moisturizer of your lips. It has soothing properties that keep your lips healthy in harsh weather.
- A leaf of Aloe Vera
- Few Drops of Olive Oil / Castor Oil
How to Use:
- Extract fresh Aloe Vera gel from the leaf.
- Add a few drops of olive oil into aloe vera gel.
- Apply this gel on your lips as a lip balm.
- You can refrigerate it and use2-3 times in a day.
Pomegranate, Milk Cream and Rose Water:
Pomegranate is rich in a compound known as punicalagin that reduces the production of melanin. As a result, It turns the darken lips into pink lips. This remedy also prevents your lips from getting darker due to sun exposure.
- Pomegranate seeds
- Milk Cream
- Rose Water
How to Use:
- Take a half cup of pomegranate and grind them.
- Add Milk Cream and rose water.
- Gently scrub for a few minutes
- Do this once daily to get soft and pink lips.
Rose petals can play an important role to provide pink coloration to your lips. These act as a natural moisturizer and keeps your lips soft. You can also use rose petals and milk together that works as a wonderful remedy to get pink lips.
Requirement: A handful of red rose petals.
How to Use:
- Take a handful of red rose petals.
- Crush them and mix some cream into it.
- Apply this paste on your lips and rub for 3-4 minutes.
- Rose Petals are gentle on lips, so you can repeat this remedy every day.
Get Pink Lips with Homemade Lip Balm
This lip balm works wonder when it comes to converting darken lips into pink lips. Beetroot has naturally occurring red pigments. You have noticed that it turns your tongue and teeth pink when you eat beetroot. Here is the procedure of preparing lip balm using beetroot, vitamin E Capsule, and Vaseline.
- Beetroot Juice
- 1 Vitamin E Capsule
Preparation: Mix all the ingredients thoroughly and store this paste into an airtight container. Keep the container away from direct sunlight or you can keep it in a refrigerator.
How to apply: Apply this paste on your lips daily at night for 2-3 weeks to get soft and pink lips.
Some Important Points To Remember
- Never touch or lick your lips too often.
- Never forget to carry a lip balm.
- Drink a lot of water- Never forget to stay hydrated.
- Never get into your bed without removing the makeup.
- Massage your lips before bedtime.
- Scrub your lips once in a week.
- Use lipstick while stepping out to the sun.